Q-Games rescues their 2016 game.
Q-Games has come to an agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment for the ownership of its October 2016-released adventure game The Tomorrow Children and is working to rebuild the game for re-release, the company announced.
The Tomorrow Children was released as a free-to-play title for PlayStation 4 on October 25, 2016 and ended service just over a year later on November 1, 2017.
Fans can sign up to receive “postcards from the Void” for updates on the game’s re-development here. Everyone who signs up will also receive a “special transmission from the Void.”
Here is a message from Q-Games founder and CEO Dylan Cuthbert on the news:
“I’d like to thank first and foremost the fans of The Tomorrow Children, without whom, I would never have had the confidence to keep pursuing this deal. Our fans are some of the most amazing gamers out there, and every day for the past four years they have kept the dream alive. I think the happiest thing about this decision is imagining the enjoyment those fans will feel as they re-enter the crazy post-apocalyptic neo-soviet world of The Tomorrow Children.
“Secondly I’d like to thank Sony Interactive Entertainment for also working with me to have the IP returned to Q-Games. It has taken a concerted effort by all of us to get to this ultimate step, and I’m full of gratitude to everyone involved in the process.
“I am now tweaking and re-working parts of the game every week, and I hope everyone follows along and gets involved in this process. We plan to make quite a few changes for the better, and give The Tomorrow Children the re-launch it deserves!
“Come watch the fun!”
And here is an overview of The Tomorrow Children, via Q-Games:
When an ambitious Soviet experiment designed to unite the minds of all humanity goes horribly wrong, almost all life on Earth disappears instantly, leaving the whole planet enveloped in “the Void,” a milky viscous sea of nothing that stretches for as far as the eye can see.
Years later, a handful of survivors begin to rebuild civilization, but their endeavors are hampered by “the Izverg,” giant beasts formed from the residue of negativity and nightmares that now roam the land. Fortunately, engineers discover the ability to develop “projection clones”—new life forms capable of venturing deep into the Void in search of preserved human DNA. It is with these clones that mankind begins the long journey back to its former glory…
- Malleable freeform terrain. Use tools to dig holes, build stairs, or just blast the world apart.
- Large scale multiplayer co-operative play.
- Construct buildings, turrets, tesla towers, and even potted plants, to personalize your town the way you want it.
- Fight creatures ranging from tiny spiders in dark caves to enormous marauding Kaiju.
- Defend your town from attack with rocket launchers, turrets, and tanks!
- Use Void Powers to instantly create or carve terrain.
- Explore over 40 surreal landscapes to discover treasure, resources, and mysterious creatures.
- Experience a richly imagined Neo-Soviet alternative future.
- Drink Voidka and give your character unique perks.
- Restore the population of the world!