New Nintendo Direct Mini Highlights a Wide Variety of Games Coming to Nintendo Switch This Year.
Launching in 2020
- Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition: The original Xenoblade Chronicles game, which marked the debut of fan-favorite character Shulk, comes to Nintendo Switch with a new epilogue story, Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected. This definitive edition of the RPG also looks better and plays smoother than ever before. The battle HUD and menu screens are easy to read and easy to use. Some of the music tracks have been remastered or remixed! Experience the majesty of the Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition game when it launches for Nintendo Switch on May 29. On the same day, the Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Works Set will also launch, featuring a 250-page artbook full of beautiful landscapes, imposing monsters and more.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: Now that Animal Crossing: New Horizons has launched for Nintendo Switch, the first seasonal event is on its way! Between April 1 and April 12, residents of the island can participate in Bunny Day to find eggs hidden by bunny visitor Zipper and craft special items with them. The next free update to the game hits in late April, which adds the Earth Day event. Follow the Animal Crossing Twitter account for the latest news and updates about the game.
- Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass: With the new Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, the sprawling island in the sea, the Isle of Armor, and the frozen snowscape known as the Crown Tundra will be available in the Galar region. On the Isle of Armor, Trainers can gather at a new dojo for Pokémon Battles to master their skills. By training at this dojo, players will receive the Legendary Pokémon Kubfu from the master, Mustard. Through training with Kubfu, Trainers will receive permission to challenge the Towers of Two Fists on the Isle of Armor. Once one of the two towers has been conquered, Kubfu will evolve into Urshifu. In addition to new outfit items and hair styles, the Expansion Passes will also add new league card backgrounds, effects and frames. The Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass Part 1 – The Isle of Armor launches by the end of June. Additional information about the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass Part 2 – The Crown Tundra will be revealed in the future. Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Expansion Passes, which include The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra as they release, can be purchased for a suggested retail price of $29.99 each.**
- BRAVELY DEFAULT II: In this follow-up to the original BRAVELY DEFAULT, four new Heroes of Light embark on a grand and glorious mission guided by the elemental crystals. Like the first game, BRAVELY DEFAULT II features a battle system that emphasizes strategy, with players deciding when to attack (Brave) or hold back and wait for the right moment to strike (Default). With beautiful places to explore and new jobs to acquire, some of which can even be combined, BRAVELY DEFAULT II is another epic RPG in the Nintendo Switch library. A free demo is available today!
- A Wealth of 2K Games: Many games from publisher 2K are coming to Nintendo Switch on May 29, including sci-fi classic XCOM 2 Collection – which contains XCOM 2, 4 DLC packs, and the War of the Chosen expansion – as well as Borderlands Legendary Collection, which contains the original Borderlands, its sequel, Borderlands 2, and its “pre-sequel,” Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. 2K is also bringing its acclaimed BioShock series to Nintendo Switch, with BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered and BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition, as well as BioShock: The Collection, which includes all three BioShock games in one package.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: The first fighter in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol. 2 will be joining the battle from the Nintendo Switch game ARMS! The fighter will be announced and released this June.
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics: Four-in-a-row, Mancala, Slot Cars, Sliding Puzzle and Texas Hold’em are only a handful of the 51 games from around the world included in Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics. Some of the games are multiplayer, including options for up to four people to play locally*** or online****. Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics launches for Nintendo Switch on June 5. Anyone who wants to pre-purchase the game can do so starting today.
- Burnout Paradise Remastered: 10 years later, the classic high-octane racer is back with this remastered version. Featuring breakneck racing, high-flying stunts and, most importantly, shameless amounts of automotive destruction, Burnout Paradise Remastered crashes onto Nintendo Switch in 2020.
- Fuser: Take on the role of a DJ in this upcoming rhythm game from Harmonix, the creators of Rock Band. Fuser launches for Nintendo Switch this fall.
- King’s Bounty II: Since 1990, the King’s Bounty series has been influencing the evolution of western RPGs. In this new sequel, the series is back with a fresh look and a new approach. In King’s Bounty II, the graphics are more realistic, in-game choices matter more than ever, and a new character development system informs the ethics and affinities of new characters. King’s Bounty II launches on Nintendo Switch in 2020.
- Ninjala: In this free-to-play game, up to eight players* must battle it out to earn points and claim victory. As ninjas, players can sprint across stages, disguise themselves and wield an arsenal of skills, like heavy-hitting hammers, fast and flashy katanas, and tricked-out yo-yos. Cement supremacy in free-for-all battles or work together in 4-on-4 team matches. Ninjala sneaks up to Nintendo Switch this May.
- Catherine: Full Body: The unique puzzle-adventure game is coming to Nintendo Switch as Catherine: Full Body, a remake of the original game. Climb a tower of puzzle blocks and dive into a mature, intense and intoxicating story when Catherine: Full Body launches for Nintendo Switch on July 7.
- Star Wars Episode I: Racer: Strap into a pod racer and go for first place in Star Wars Episode I: Racer, launching soon for Nintendo Switch.
Even more games are coming to Nintendo Switch in the coming months, including Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (March 27), Trials of Mana (April 24), The Elder Scrolls: Blades (Spring 2020), Minecraft Dungeons (Spring 2020), Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus (May), MR. DRILLER DrillLand (June 25), The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (June 30) and Vigor (fall).