Square Enix has announced NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam). It is an upgraded version of the third-person action RPG NieR Replicant and prequel to to NieR: Automata.
Here is an overview of the game, via Square Enix:
A black scrawl disease and strange beasts threatened the world. A young, kind-hearted boy makes a promise to his little sister. A thousand-year lie that would live on for eternity…
In the year of the 10th anniversary of NieR, we are announcing that the cult classic third-person action RPG NieR Replicant, is to be rebuilt for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (Steam) as NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…
NieR Replicant is the prequel of the critically acclaimed success NieR: Automata.
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… invites players into a dark, apocalyptic world as they join a brother’s captivating quest to cure his sister of a deadly disease—a quest which will in turn make them question everything.
Developed in collaboration with Toylogic, NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… brings together an all-star team including acclaimed director, Yoko Taro (Drakengard / NieR: Automata), composer Keiichi Okabe (Tekken / Drakengard / NieR: Automata), and producer Yosuke Saito (Dragon Quest X / NieR: Automata).
Here are a few more details (thanks, Games Talk):
- NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is neither a remaster or a remake, but rather an upgraded version of the game.
- Development is being handled by Toylogic, and PlatinumGames’ Takahisa Taura, who was a senior game designer on NieR: Automata, is also cooperating on development.
- It is fully voiced, with all voice-overs re-recorded.
- The release date is still undecided, but Square Enix hopes to release it during the 10th anniversary.
- Various new things have been added, so NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… will feel fresh even if you already played NieR Replicant.
- New characters will appear.
- New endings may also appear (undecided).
- All background music has been re-recorded. There are also new songs.
- Yui Ishikawa, who voiced 2B in NieR: Automata, and Natsuki Hanae, who voiced 9S, will have a small role in this game. Ishikawa’s role has already been recorded.
The game’s Japanese voice cast is as follows:
- Protagonist (Boy) (voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto)
- Protagonist (Young Man) (voiced by Kouji Yusa)
- Yonah (voiced by Ai Nonaka)
- Grimoire Weiss (voiced by Hiroki Yasumoto)
- Emil (voiced by Mai Kadowaki)
- ??? (voiced by Yui Ishikawa)
- ??? (voiced by Natsuki Hanae)
Watch the teaser trailer below.