Deathsmiles I & II for Physical edition is also available in Japan.
The collection, which includes Deathsmiles, Deathsmiles Mega Black Label, and Deathsmiles IIX Merry Christmas in Hell, was first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch on December 16, 2021.
In Japan, a physical edition will also be available, which includes a special box, original mousepad, Gothic wa Mahou Otome “Deathsmiles Respect Arrange” soundtrack CD, and download codes for the game (Steam), the downloadable content “Additional Characters Gothic wa Mahou Otome 5 Characters Set,” and the Gothic wa Mahou Otome “Deathsmiles Respect Arrange” digital soundtrack.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Deathsmiles is a side-scrolling shoot ’em up game set in the alternate world of Gilverado, where girls are known as “Angels” take centre stage.
The game features an exotic world imbued with gothic horror themes, adorable character designs, and intuitive controls that will keep you coming back for more.
Includes Three Series Titles and Three Modes
- There are three playable titles:
- Deathsmiles – The first title in the series that was released in 2007 as an arcade game.
- Deathsmiles Mega Black Label – The upgraded version of the original.
- Deathsmiles IIX Merry Christmas in Hell – The sequel.
- Each title comes with game modes that were previously available in home console versions.
Titles and Modes Included
- Deathsmiles – Arcade / Normal / Ver 1.1
- Deathsmiles Mega Black Label – Arcade / Normal / Ver 1.1
- Deathsmiles IIX Merry Christmas in Hell – Arcade / IIX / Arrange
Comprehensive Training Mode and Online Rankings
- Training mode allows you to customize stage and player unit settings for practice purposes.
- The comprehensive options can be tweaked to make stages easier for beginners or more challenging for experts.
- Online leaderboards have been implemented for each mode of each title.
- Keep training and aim to break the high score!