Bibots demo is available now.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Bibots is a top-down shooter roguelite with an emphasis on bullet hell action. Switch between two characters, explore and clear areas full of monsters, unlock abilities, customize your characters, die, learn, and retry to save the world.
Play as Tayar, the crob explorer and the unexpected savior of his world, Takaful. Pick your guns and go counter the plans of an evil mastermind. Tayar is not alone to accomplish this feat, chosen by a Bibot (actually luckily stumbled upon one) he gains the ability to transform into one of those ancient mechanical creatures. Each Bibot has his own strengths, try them all, and pick your favorite according to your own playstyle.
- Discover a Colorful World – Venture through mysterious temples in a colorful world full of characters to discover but also inhabited by dangerous monsters. The world is divided into regions, each with its own atmosphere to discover. The regions are procedurally generated and contain hand crafted battle rooms, treasures, merchants, and secrets changing each time you play. Protect your home from vile enemies corrupting the fauna and threatening Takaful.
- The Bibots – Choose the Bibot that will join Tayar in his epic journey, accumulate energy during your fights, and use it to summon the devastating power of these mechanical beings. Each Bibot has its own playstyle and abilities, use them to fight your toughest enemies, or save yourself from impossible situations. Learn to master them! The more you fight with the same Bibot, the more its synergy with Tayar will increase, unlocking new variants of its attacks to customize them before going into battle.
- Customize Your Guns – Equip Tayar with a variety of weapons which you can customize with chips that you will find while exploring or encountering merchants. Experiment and combine their effects to customize your playstyle and create the weapons of your dream with countless possibilities and powerful synergies.
- Level Up – Accumulate experience during your fights to improve Tayar’s skills. Make it a survivalist, a soldier, a scientist, or mix it all up. Each branch grants you access to permanent passives upgrading a wide range of skills and offering you new possibilities to enhance the synergy between Tayar and his Bibot.
- Made for Speedrunners – Bibots is made for all types of players, therefore we created features and game mechanics thought for speedrunners. The game keeps track of your current run time and you can see it any time while you play. The faster you clean the levels, the more you will be rewarded with bonuses corresponding to your fast play style. Influence your timer by summoning your Bibot and stop the flow of time, switch your characters intelligently to prevent time from running out, and unlock a maximum number of rewards.
Die, try, and repeat to break your records… Or well, to save the world!
Watch a new trailer below: