Applies to: Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite
Added the following system functionality:
- If there is not enough space remaining on the system memory (internal storage) or microSD card when downloading game software update data, you can now delete old data for that software, enabling you to download the new data.
- When deleting the old data, you won’t be able to play the game until the new data has finished downloading.
General system stability improvements have been made to enhance the user’s experience.
Moving Out, Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, and others also.
Sony SIE announces PlayStation Now Service will add God of War, Judgment, Nioh 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, and more as part of its July lineup. The new titles will be available on July 6.
Here are some highlights by Sony SIE:
God of War (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
This staggering reimagining of God of War combines all the hallmarks of the iconic series—epic boss fights, fluid combat, and breathtaking scale—and fuses them with a powerful and moving narrative that re-establishes Kratos’ world. His vengeance against the Gods of Olympus behind him, Kratos now lives in the realm of Norse gods and monsters. As mentor and protector to Atreus, a son determined to earn his respect, Kratos is forced to confront and control the rage that has long defined him. It’s in this harsh, unforgiving world that Kratos must fight to survive, and teach his son to do the same.
From the team that brought you the critically-acclaimed Yakuza series comes a gripping psychological thriller. Haunted by his past, disgraced attorney Takayuki Yagami takes up arms as a private detective, clawing his way through Kamurocho’s underground crime network to investigate a string of grisly murders. Track suspects, discover clues and bring evidence to the court. Take advantage of two unique battle styles to take down adversaries in electrifying encounters.
Judgment is available on PlayStation Now until October 4, 2021.
NASCAR Heat 5 (Motorsport Games)
This official video game of the world’s most popular stockcar racing series puts you behind the wheel of these incredible racing machines and challenges you to become the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series champion. Features all the official teams, drivers, and cars from the three NASCAR National Series as well as the Xtreme Dirt Tour, racing on 39 authentic tracks. The immersive Career is complemented by Quick Race, a new Test Session mode, and multiplayer, both online and split-screen.
Nioh 2 (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
Master the lethal arts of the samurai as a mysterious half-human, half-supernatural Yokai warrior, in this challenging action RPG sequel. Explore violent Sengoku-era Japan and the deadly Dark Realm, both plagued with grotesque, merciless demons. Unsheathe your deadly weapons and cut down all enemies in your path using a revamped combat system and the ability to transform into a full Yokai to unleash devastating paranormal powers.
Moving Out (Team17)
Moving Out is a ridiculous physics-based moving simulator. As a newly certified Furniture Arrangement & Relocation Technician, you’ll take on moving jobs all across the town of Packmore. Grow Smooth Moves to brave new heights, recruit colorful customizable characters, and save your town from furniture peril. Play solo or co-op and move your way through sleepy suburbs, frenzied farms, haunted houses, virtual reality, and lands beyond!
Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – The Official Video Game (Sega)
This is the official video game for the Olympics Games Tokyo 2020. It includes more than 15 Olympic Games events such as Athletics, Aquatics and Ball games across realistically reproduced venues, such as the Olympic Stadium and Tokyo Aquatics Centre. Every event offers online multiplayer, letting you challenge players from all over the world.
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar Games)
From the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is a sprawling tale of life in America at the dawn of the modern age. After a robbery goes badly wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America in order to survive. Also included is Red Dead Online: forge your own path as you battle lawmen, outlaw gangs, and ferocious wild animals to build a life on the American frontier.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is available on PlayStation Now until November 1, 2021 exclusively via PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5 download.
What do you think? Are you on Sony’s PSNow service? Leave your comments below and be part of GGN first giveaways and as always stay safe.
Returnal developer joins PS Studios.
Sony SIE has acquired Housemarque, Returnal developer the company announced.
Here is a message from PlayStation Blog:
“Today is a big day for Housemarque and it has been over 26 years in the making. Our strong partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment started with Super Stardust HD on PlayStation 3 and since then we have made arcade-inspired games for all of the PlayStation platforms. With Returnal for PlayStation 5, our most recent release, our biggest foray into third-person action gaming solidified our voice and brand in the industry as delivering unique and quality player experiences.
“We are so excited to finally join the PlayStation Studios family! This gives our studio a clear future and a stable opportunity to continue delivering on gameplay-centric approaches, while still experimenting with new methods of narrative delivery and pushing the boundaries of this modern artform. Locally here in Helsinki, this also means that we will officially expand the PlayStation family to a growing industry hub and secure the legacy of the oldest game studio in Finland.
“Finally, what this means for our fans? We at Housemarque are gamers, and we have grown from the need to perfect and tinker with facets of games that we have found most fascinating. We are also not known for shying away from running our own course and trying out new combinations. With the backing of Sony Interactive Entertainment and its family of studios supporting us, we can truly grow into our place in the industry and show what Housemarque can create with no limitations. We can’t wait to show everyone what will be in store in the upcoming years, and we hope to usher in more lasting memories and exhilarating titles for the next quarter-century and beyond.”
What do you think? Leave your comment below to qualify for the giveaway promotion coming soon.
in UK Boxed Charts
Nintendo’s Mario Golf: Super Rush is No.1 for a second consecutive week in the GfK UK boxed charts the gamesindustry.biz reported.
Here are some highlights by gamesindustry.biz,
The Nintendo Switch game retains its position despite a 52% drop in sales week-on-week.
It was a quiet week for physical retail game sales in the UK. FIFA 21 retains second place despite an 11% sales drop, Mario Kart 8: Deluxe actually rises a place to No.3 despite a 19% sales dip, while Animal Crossing: New Horizons is also up a place to No.4 after a 22% sales slide.
Recent PS5 hit Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has slipped to No.6 after a 54% drop in sales week-on-week.
Only two games in the Top Ten increased in sales week-on-week. Grand Theft Auto 5 at No.7 (sales up 20%) and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at No.10 (sales up 31%). It’s the third consecutive week of growth for the 2017 Zelda game and the second big jump in sales. It follows the new trailer for its eagerly-awaited sequel at E3 2021.
Here is the GfK Top Ten for the week ending July 3, 2021:
|Last Week||This Week||Title|
|1||1||Mario Golf: Super Rush|
|4||3||Mario Kart 8: Deluxet|
|5||4||Animal Crossing: New Horizons|
|3||6||Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart|
|13||7||Grand Theft Auto 5|
|10||8||Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury|
|15||9||Resident Evil Village|
|25||10||The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild|
What do you think? It’s nice to see The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild back in the top ten. The sequel is going to be huge. Did you pick up any games last week? Which game is it? We will be doing giveaways soon so leave your comments below and Stay safe.
out on August 20.
Sony SIE and developer Sucker Punch Productions have announced Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. It will launch on August 20.
The Director’s Cut will cost $69.99 on PlayStation 5 and $59.99 on PlayStation 4. Users who purchase the PlayStation 4 version will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for $9.99. And users who already own Ghost of Tsushima for PlayStation 4 will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 4 version of the Director’s Cut for $19.99, or the PlayStation 5 version for $29.99.
An Overview of the game below PlayStation Blog:
This new edition comes packed not only with the original game and every piece of additional content we’ve sold to date, but a brand-new adventure for Jin alongside a bunch of new features that we’re excited to reveal.
If you’re a history buff, you may know that in addition to Tsushima, the neighboring island of Iki was also invaded during this time period. Today we’re excited to reveal that a whole new chapter in Jin’s journey is coming and will take place on Iki. In this new story, Jin travels to the island to investigate rumors of a Mongol presence. But soon, he finds himself caught up in events with deeply personal stakes that will force him to relive some traumatic moments from his past.
We’ll have more to share about the story of Iki soon, but today we can confirm that beyond a whole new story and new characters, this new island also features tons of new content including brand new environments to explore, new armor for Jin as well as his horse, new mini-games, new techniques, new enemy types, and much more. There are even new animals to pet!
On both platforms, Director’s Cut will also offer new Trophies to unlock for the new Iki content.
PlayStation 5-Exclusive Features
While Director’s Cut players on both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 will be able to experience the Iki Island content, PlayStation 5 players will have access to a few additional new features.
We’ve heard your feedback about the lack of Japanese lip sync in the original version of Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s something we worked hard to address in this new release. Thanks to the PlayStation 5’s ability to render cinematics in real time, cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima and on Iki Island on PlayStation 5 will now offer lip sync for Japanese voice over.
We’re also happy to confirm that Ghost of Tsushima, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, and the new Iki Island expansion will all take advantage of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the Director’s Cut. There will also be enhancements to 3D audio on PlayStation 5, as well as drastically improved load times, 4K resolution options and framerates targeting 60 frames per second.
Transferring Your Progress
If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PlayStation 4, you’ll be able to transfer your save to PlayStation 5 to pick up where you left off. For new players, the new Iki Island content will be available beginning in Act 2 of Ghost of Tsushima, after you’ve made your way to the Toyotama region.
Alongside the Director’s Cut, anyone who already owns Ghost of Tsushima will be able to download a patch containing some new updates. Once again, many of these updates are directly thanks to the constant stream of feedback you’ve been providing us since launch, which we’re extremely appreciative of.
All players will receive a patch with some new accessibility options for alternate controller layouts, as well as the option to enable a target lock-on during combat. And for the person who tweets at us all the time asking for an option to hide your quiver during gameplay: yes, we’ll be adding that, too!
Finally, for Ghost of Tsushima: Legends fans, we’ll also be releasing some new updates, including an all-new mode that we’re excited to detail in the weeks to come. All Ghost of Tsushima: Legends updates will be available at no additional charge to owners of any version of Ghost of Tsushima on either platform.
Pre-Orders and Upgrades
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will launch on August 20 for $69.99 USD on PlayStation 5 and $59.99 USD on PlayStation 4.
You’ll be able to pre-order digitally at PlayStation Store, or physical versions from various retailers. If you pre-order at participating retailers, you’ll receive a digital mini soundtrack with tracks from the original Ghost of Tsushima as well as two new songs from Iki Island, and a digital art book featuring a selection of art from Ghost of Tsushima as well as 10 new pieces of Iki Island concept art.
Pre-order at PlayStation Store any time before launch and you’ll get access to download the PlayStation 4 version of Ghost of Tsushima immediately, so you can start experiencing the main game early and transfer your progress to pick up where you left off when the Director’s Cut launches in August.
Watch the trailer below,
What do you think? GasBros Gaming Network will be doing to giveaways soon to you guys so be sure leave your comment s below and stay safe.
A look at some of the game’s “quality of life” improvements.
Video Games Publisher Nintendo has released a new trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD introducing the remastered version’s “quality of life” improvements.
Here are the details,
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword game soars onto Nintendo Switch!
Take to the skies, draw your sword, and experience the earliest story in the Legend of Zelda series. Join Link in his high-flying quest to save Zelda, a childhood friend who must confront her destiny. Soar between floating islands and descend to the treacherous surface world in this updated HD version of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
Master Realistic Swordplay that Matches Your Movements
Swing your sword and angle your slashes to uncover and break through opponents’ defenses using intuitive motion controls. Link will match the angle of each strike you make with the Joy-Con controller, creating immersive swordplay that relies on strategy and accuracy. Movements feel smoother and more immediate thanks to the Nintendo Switch system’s increased processing power and HD graphics. Take advantage of the newly-added button only control scheme—perfect for playing in handheld mode or on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD releases on Switch on July 16.
Watch the trailer below.
What do you think? Did you play this game on the Nintendo Wii and are you going to pick this up. Leave your comment below.
Planet Alpha and more.
Microsoft Xbox Studios has announced its lineup of free games for Xbox Live Gold subscribers in July 2021.
Here is the Games details below,
- Available for the whole month – Planet Alpha (normally $19.99) – Survive a strange planet filled with danger and mystery. Marooned and alone, venture across the beautiful foreign land and unlock its many hidden secrets. With relentless enemies pursuing you, harness the power of night and day in your fight to stay alive in this alien world.
- From July 16 to August 15 – Rock of Ages III: Make & Break (normally $29.99) – Jump into a sprawling, gut-busting story featuring bizarre and absurd takes on legendary characters. Design, build, and share your custom levels with friends in this Monty Python-esque tower defense and arcade game.
- From July 1 to 15 – Conker: Live & Reloaded (normally $9.99) (plays on Xbox One) – Back with a hangover and a heavy dose of attitude, play gaming’s notorious squirrel, Conker, through a raunchy world full of twisted characters, innuendos, and outrageous movie parodies.
- From July 16 to 31 – Midway Arcade Origins (normally $19.99) (plays on Xbox One) – With more than 30 timeless entries from the golden age of arcade gaming, relive your childhood or discover classic games for the first time, such as Defender, Gauntlet, Rampart, and more. No quarters needed to play!
What do you think? Please get Conker so xbox studio can see Gamers still has interest in the IP. Stay safe.
A Plague Tale: Innocence gets PS5 version and more.
Sony SIE has announced the free games of July 2021 lineup for PlayStation Plus subscribers, which will be available from July 6 to August 2.
Here are the games details,
- A Plague Tale: Innocence (Focus Home Interactive) – The critically acclaimed adventure releases on PlayStation 5 with 4K native resolution, targeted 60 frames per second, highly improved visuals, and fast loading—and makes its debut onto PlayStation Plus. Follow the tale of young Amicia and her little brother Hugo, in a heartrending journey through the darkest hours of history. Hunted by Inquisition soldiers and surrounded by unstoppable swarms of rats, Amicia and Hugo will come to know and trust each other. As they struggle to survive against overwhelming odds, they will fight to find purpose in this brutal, unforgiving world.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII (Activision) – Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII delivers a trio of action-packed multiplayer modes for first-person shooter fans. First, there’s the series’ iconic multiplayer experience pitting players against each other worldwide. Second, is the fan-favorite Zombies experience, letting you and friends battle the undead. Last but not least is Blackout, an intense large-map mode inspired by battle royale. Blackout brings together characters, locations, weapons, and gear from across the series in all-out survival combat—all with a unique Black Ops twist.
- Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown (Sega) (carried over from June, available until August 2) – Sega’s iconic one-on-one battler gets remade for a new generation by Yakuza and Judgment developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio. This console exclusive allows both Virtua Fighter veterans and newcomers to experience the intense martial arts combat, deep strategy, and intricately balanced gameplay of the groundbreaking 3D fighter in stunning HD. Like custom tournaments supporting up to 16 players and live spectating, new online features join classic modes like Rank Match, Arcade, and Virtua Fighter 5‘s famously robust Training to deliver the definitive Virtua Fighter experience.
- WWE2K Battlegrounds (2K Games) – The world of WWE is your battleground with over-the-top, arcade action as your favorite WWE Superstars and Legends battle in interactive environments around the world. Play through a new story mode while unlocking unique characters and Battlegrounds. Compete using special abilities and power-ups in match types like Steel Cage, Royal Rumble, and more! Compete in Online Tournaments or stake your claim as King of the Battleground against players from around the world! Plus, battle it out in local multiplayer and dominate your friends.
What games are you looking to pick up if you are a subscriber and what’s your experience with the service? Leave your comment below and as always stay safe.
New series on upcoming deep look.
Forza Monthly stream announcement by developer Playground Studio. Tune in live at twitch on 28th June 2021 for the latest details at http://twitch.tv/Forza.
Will you be watching? What are your impressions of the Forza Horizon series and does this meet your expectations? Leave your comment below and as always stay safe.
In the latest DLC for Smash Bros Fighter presentation
Director Masahiro Sakurai hosted a “Mr. Sakurai Presents Kazuya” presentation detailing the fighter on June 28 at 7:00 a.m. PT / 10:00 a.m. ET.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is available now for Switch.
Watch the Kazuya Mishima Smash Bros Fighter presentation,
What do you think? Have you ever played Tekken before. Leave your comments below and as always stay safe.